Elk Roast Recipe
- 3 pounds elk roast
- 2 cups onion, cut in 2" pieces
- 2 cups potatoes, cut in 2" pieces
- 1 cup carrots, cut in 2" pieces
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons liquid smoke
- 3 Tablespoons (or more) Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tablespoons (or more) soy sauce
- 1/ cup beef broth
Put in LARGE oven cooking bag in an oblong baking pan (so the bag fits inside the pan). To the bag, add the elk roast. Add all liquids, then vegetables around the meat. Put the mushrooms on top of everything else, then spices on top of them. You want to have 1" of liquid on the bottom of the bag, so if you need more, add a little water or white wine. Seal the bag. Poke several small holes in top of bag to let steam escape. Bake at 300-325 degrees for 3 1/2 hours.
Cooking with Elk. Minnesota Elk Breeders Association / Minnesota Grown, p.10.